JCHS this week launched a new website that provides a modern way to share the rich history of Jackson County. The new website allows JCHS to:
- Share back issues of its JCHS Journal online as searchable downloadable documents.
- Provides way to share with rich visual collections
- Organizes history related videos into galleries where they can be shared or downloaded.
- Connects the website to the growing popularity of FaceBook, Twitters and others social meeting.
- Provides easy online ways to do e-commerce to renew memberships, make gifts, purchase event tickets or purchase items from the JCHS store.
The website was developed mostly through volunteers resources and will continue to grow and expand in the months ahead.
It also provides a new "virtual" history site to complement our new history center as we move back into the renovated Truman Courthouse on the Independence Square
Please let us know your comments, suggestions, things that need attention or new features you would like to see.