The event starts at 6 pm. Individual tickets are $75 and a table of eight is $750. Tickets can be purchased online or from the JCHS office.
The event will be held inside The Barn, located on the historic site.
The 2014 award winners who will be recognized are:
- Historic Preservation Award: Historic Kansas City Foundation for 40 Years of Advocacy for our Built Environment
- Bringing History to Life Award: R. Crosby Kemper III and Henry Fortunato for their roles in the Kansas City Library’s “Meet the Past” interview series
- Local Group Making a Difference Award: The Midwest Afro-American Genealogical Interest Coalition (MAGIC)
- Local History Book of the Year Award: Bruce Mathews for Windows of Kansas City
- Collaboration in History Award: Ed Matheny Jr. for publication of Cowtown: Cattle Trails and West Bottom Tales in partnership with Mid-Continent Public Library
- Volunteers of the Year Award: Paul White, Archives and Research Library and Timothy Truman, 1859 Jail Museum.
See a list of prior award winners.