The Historic Jackson County Courthouse
Jackson County was one of the earliest counties established in western Missouri.
The early settlers established a county seat in Independence near the public square that was platted.
The current location contains portions of early courthouse that we constructed on the location. The present courthouse has undergone and extensive renovation of the the facility built during the Great Depression during the county administration of Harry Truman who conducted county business in the courthouse.
That new courthouse was dedicated on Sept. 7, 1933. The newly remodeled courthouse is being opened and rededicated to new and other public purposes on Sept. 7, 2013 - 80 years later.